Want to put a Facebook or Twitter badge on your site? Not even sure what Twitter is?? Here's a helpful doc to help you get started!
Facebook: Facebook is a social networking website. Anyone over the age of 13 with a valid e-mail address can become a Facebook user. Users can add friends and send them messages, and update their personal profiles to notify friends about themselves. Additionally, users can join networks organized by city, workplace, and school or college.
Twitter: Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that allows you answer the question, "What are you doing?" by sending short text messages 140 characters in length, called "tweets", to your friends, or "followers." It's this 'short format' of communication that appeals to users who are suffering from lengthy email fatigue!
Placing a Facebook Badge on Your Site
1. Grab the HTML code from Facebook.
You'll have to select the type of badge you'd like to display. For this example, let's click on 'Profile Badge'. (See Img. 1) Click on "Other" for the type of website you're placing the badge on.
Facebook will then provide you with some HTML code. (See Img. 2) Click on this code and copy it (keyboard shortcut: Control + C).
2. Login to your control panel and navigate to Display / Widgets / Create Custom Widget
3. Click on the HTML icon in your rich text editor (See Img. 3)
4. Paste in the Facebook code in your HTML pop up box. (See Img. 4)
5. Click Update to save the HTML changes.
6. Click Submit Changes to save your new widget. (Be sure to fill out the 'narrow to' field, if you do not want this widget on every page of your site.)
7. View your public site, to see how your new widget looks!
Placing a Twitter Badge on Your Site
1. Grab the HTML code from Twitter.
Select "Widgets for My Website" and choose which type of badge you'd like. For this example, let's click on "Profile". (You may need to log in for your information to automatically populate in the Username field.)
Click "Finish & Grab Code". Copy the HTML code that Twitter creates for you.
2. Follow steps 2-7 above!