We have finally been able to address the seemingly intractable problem of photo uploads here at Small Farm Central. The photo upload process for our farmers is not currently as easy as it should be in between resizing the photos for upload (if they were too large from your camera), selecting each photo separately, and then uploading to the gallery.
Check out our new multiple photo upload tool
As we are still testing this new uploader, it is not the default yet. If you'd like to try it out, login to your control panel and navigate to:
Create Content / Gallery / Upload photo / and click on the link in the message box for the multiple photo uploader.
Steps to Using the Multiple Photo Uploader
- Click "add" to bring up to navigate your computer for your photos.
- Once you find the directory that has your photos, to select multiple photos, choose the first photo in the series, hold down the "SHIFT" key and click the last photo in the series.
- There is no need to resize your photos before selecting them in this step -- the multiple photo upload tool will do the work for you!
- Now that your photos are selected, you will see a preview of each photo that looks a bit like this:
- When you are ready to upload, click "Prepare for Upload" in the top right area of the photo upload tool. This may take several minutes depending on the number of photos you have selected and other factors. The progress bar will give you an idea of how long the process will take.
- When the "prepare" process is complete, simply click "Upload" and your photos will be quickly transferred into your Small Farm Central site.