Create items and inventory: The online Small Farm Central control panel is accessible from any computer and allows you to create items, manage inventory, and create reports. Click on the following help document to read about how to create items and inventory in the control panel: http://smallfarmcentral.com/help/ecommerce-quick-start
- Choose a payment processing system: You have the choice of running your sales through a credit card processor or simply invoicing your customers through your own offline system. The payment processor is Google Checkout, which is easy to set-up and very secure.
- Customize your pages: Customize your pre-order pages to reflect your farm by uploading a header photo and adding some sidebar text.
- Tell your customers: You can host your site at your own domain name (such as http://www.yourfarm.com) or a subdomain (such as http://yourfarm.smallfarmcentral.com). Hosting at your own domain name does come with an extra $40 per year fee if you are not purchasing a regular Small Farm Central site.
- Open your store for business -- your store may be open the three days before the market (or any set-up that you choose). When the market day has arrived, disable the store through the control panel and print a report. A report will give you all orders created in a given timespan itemized for your to create the boxes. One feature of these reports is an aggregate function that shows the total amount of items ordered throughout the orders for easy picking.
- Pack the boxes, take them to market, and you customers will be happy! This system can work for a lot of different sales than just farmer's market preorders, so let your creativity work and sell more!
Do you have detailed questions about how this system might fit into your farm?
or contact us via email